Sunday, November 11, 2007

Shortbread Cookies

Posted by Picasa


Shortbread Cookies are my favourite. To me it is the taste of Christmas! I started baking them for Mr.Tango and Munchkin and now little Munchkin refuses to eat prepackaged cookies. He woke up the other night at 2am and demanded galle, we told him I had to bake them first, so Munchkin took me by the hand and said vamos and led me to the kitchen to bake some for him.
For some unknown reason I have lost my cookie baking mojo and keep burning them, so this duty has been delegated to Mr.Tango. In fact, I think he bakes a better cookie than me.

Shortbread Cookies
INGREDIENTS:

* 125 g maizena - cornstarch
* 125 g azucar impalpable - icing sugar
* 250 g harina - flour
* 175 g manteca - butter

DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat the Argentina oven to low or 325ºF.

Cream butter,I then add each dry ingredient individually creaming it into the butter icing sugar, cornstarch and lastly the flour.

Roll into 1" balls on baking tray and flatten with a fork.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes in Argentine oven, watching carefully (bake on lowest rack), in an oven with temperature control they may take 20 to 25 minutes.

We enjoy eating the Shortbread plain, but once they have cooled you can make the cookies cross cultural by adding Dulce de Leche in between two cookies and create an Alfajore.

No comments: